Ouch! My throat is causing itching, irritation, pain and it seems really difficult to drink or swallow anything. This situation might have affected you many times. Well, these can be the signs of a sore throat and sore throat is the upcoming sign of cold, cough, allergy or any kind of infection. This situation usually occurs in winter or transition between seasons.
A sore throat can affect any person of any age and usually go away on its own within a week. This problem can lead to more difficulties for children, smokers and people with allergies or have weak immune system. Due to discomfort caused by a sore throat, we often search for effective treatment options. Apple cider vinegar for a sore throat is a great remedy for dealing with inflammation, pain, itching and irritation caused by a sore throat.
Apple cider vinegar for a sore throat
Whenever we get a sore throat or any other health problem, we often try medicines or visit the doctor. Have you ever tried any herbal remedy for treating your sore throat problem? Are you skeptic when it comes to home remedies for dealing your problem? Well, you are not alone because there are the number of people who are reluctant in trying home remedies but the true fact is that none of the treatment options is better than natural remedies. Yes, our mother nature has powerful herbs which can give you startling results and apple cider vinegar for a sore throat is one of them.
Apple cider vinegar for a sore throat is a great remedy due to its beneficial properties which include the following-:
- Apple cider vinegar contains anti-bacterial properties which fight off the infection causing bacteria.
- Acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar helps to make the pH level of the body more alkaline which in turn treats the core condition of throat well. At the same time, it also kills the bacteria that cause a sore throat.
- The use of apple cider vinegar treats as well as prevents the reoccurrence of a sore throat. The magnesium and potassium components in ACV contribute to its curative effects.
- Apple cider vinegar is also an expectorant that releases the phlegm to alleviate the soreness of the throat.
- The prebiotic inulin in apple cider vinegar enhances the body’s immunity power to fight off the common illnesses like cold, cough and sore throat etc.
How to use apple cider vinegar for a sore throat
There are enormous ways of using apple cider vinegar for a sore throat. It can either be used alone or with some other ingredients to increase its effectiveness to cure a sore throat. Some of the most effective methods of using apple cider vinegar are discussing here.
- The first method is to take ¼ part of each lukewarm water and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and mix well. Now, take a small amount of this mixture in your mouth and gargle. Repeat this activity in every one hour to get quick relief.
- You can add some honey in apple cider vinegar and drink this solution for better results. Honey will quickly treat your sore throat problem. In 1 glass of warm water, add 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of ACV and consume the drink at least 3-4 times a day to get instant relief.
- Another method of using apple cider vinegar is to add some honey and lemon juice in apple cider vinegar solution. Simply take a cup of warm water and add 1 teaspoon of each lemon juice and honey in it. Sip the solution slowly and you will get relief in your pain.
After reading these benefits of apple cider vinegar, I am sure you will try this remedy instead of taking medicines. Apple cider vinegar and all other ingredients discussed here are easily available in your kitchen. So, you can easily and quickly get rid of a sore throat with the help of apple cider vinegar.